The Nose Knows
Eating well is another of the fine skills that residents and visitors of northern Michigan can boast after a summer in the area.
The question “Can you recommend a good restaurant?” is a dreaded question here in our office. Not because there are not any good restaurants in the area, but because there are so many, it’s hard to narrow the list down. From fine dining to outdoor snacking, burgers to fresh Mexican and everything in between, we have something to offer every hungry stomach that comes along.
If you’re not looking for a meal, but a taste of northern Michigan, we have numerous farmers markets, bakeries and ice cream shops that will remain in your memory.
- Stop in for a piece of pie at Jesperson’s just like Ernest Hemingway.
- Grab a handful of field-warm fruit from Friske’s Orchards.
- Sit on the Veranda at the Stafford’s Perry Hotel and enjoy one of their famous Bloody Marys or step inside for planked whitefish.
- Help solve the age-old “ice cream war” and stop in for a scoop at Kilwin’s and Murdick’s in downtown Petoskey. You may just want to get some fudge at both places to help seal your decision.
- Visit the Downtown Petoskey Farmers Market on Friday mornings throughout the summer for everything you need for a wonderful summer dinner.
- Take a taste-test and grab a few jars of the goodies offered at American Spoon Foods.
And those are just to name a few. Stop in at any of the restaurants listed below for a great meal.